Discord servers are a hub of communication, creativity, and community. Whether you’re using it for gaming, work, or just chatting with friends, a well-organized and active Discord server can enhance your experience and keep you coming back for more.
However, over time, your server may become stale, disorganized, or inactive. That’s where we come in. With these 7 simple tips, you can revamp your Discord server and create an engaging and welcoming space for your members.
From creating custom roles and introducing fun bots to hosting events and empowering moderators, these tips will help you transform your Discord server into a thriving community that everyone will love. So, let’s get started!
Are you ready to take your Discord server to the next level? Keep reading to learn how to revamp your server and create a community that your members will love.
Get a fresh start with a new theme
If you want to give your Discord server a fresh look, changing the theme can make a big impact. With just a few clicks, you can customize your server’s appearance to fit your branding or style.
Here are some tips for choosing a new theme:
Choose a color scheme that fits your brand or vibe
- Consider using your brand’s colors for a cohesive look
- Use muted colors for a calming vibe, or bright colors for a fun and lively atmosphere
Select a theme that matches your server’s purpose or interests
Customize your theme to fit your server’s theme:
- For a gaming server, choose a theme that features your favorite game or genre
- For a business or work server, choose a theme that looks professional and clean
- For a community or social server, choose a theme that’s bright and welcoming
Consider the readability and accessibility of your theme
Make sure your customized theme is easy to read and navigate:
- Choose fonts that are easy to read and not too small
- Avoid using colors that clash or make text hard to read
- Test your theme on different devices and screen sizes to ensure it’s accessible to everyone
A new theme can give your Discord server a much-needed refresh and help set the tone for your community. So, take some time to customize your theme and make your server stand out.
Create custom roles for your members
Custom roles can enhance the user experience on your Discord server. With custom roles, you can create specific permissions and access for your members. Assign roles to members based on their activity level or the game they play, for example. Creating custom roles can also help your moderation team to differentiate between moderators, administrators, and regular members.
Here are some tips for creating custom roles for your Discord server:
Choose a theme for your roles
Choose a theme that aligns with your server’s topic. If you have a gaming server, choose game-related themes. You can also choose colors for your roles to make them stand out. By choosing a theme, you can make it easier for your members to identify with your community and feel more engaged.
Define the role’s purpose and permissions
Make sure to define the purpose of each role and what permissions they have. For example, you can create a role for moderators that have the ability to kick, ban or mute members. On the other hand, members who have just joined your server can be assigned with a role that doesn’t have many permissions until they prove themselves to be an active member of your community.
Assign roles to your members
Once you have created custom roles, it’s time to assign them to your members. Consider the activity level and contributions of your members before assigning roles. You can assign roles manually or use bots to automate the process. Bots like Mee6 or Dyno can help you set up automatic role assignment based on certain criteria, such as how active the member is in the server.
- Custom roles can help you create a more engaging and organized Discord server for your community.
- Choose a theme for your roles that aligns with your server’s topic.
- Define each role’s purpose and permissions to avoid confusion and ensure that your moderation team has the tools they need to keep your server safe and organized.
With custom roles, you can create a more engaging and organized Discord server for your community. By choosing a theme, defining the purpose of each role, and assigning them to your members based on their activity level and contributions, you can make your server more inclusive and fun for everyone.
Introduce Fun and Interactive Bots
One of the most exciting ways to engage your audience is by introducing bots into your platform. Bots can help you with tasks such as customer service, sales, and even entertainment. Here are some benefits of using bots:
Personalized Experience: Bots can provide a personalized experience to your users by understanding their preferences and behavior patterns. This can lead to a better user experience and increased engagement.
24/7 Availability: Unlike humans, bots can work around the clock, providing instant responses to your users’ queries and needs. This can help you improve your customer service and boost your sales.
Types of Bots
There are many types of bots available, but here are three popular ones:
- Chatbots: Chatbots are the most common type of bots. They use natural language processing (NLP) to communicate with users and can be used for customer service, sales, and entertainment.
- Voicebots: Voicebots use voice recognition technology to communicate with users. They are great for providing hands-free assistance and can be integrated with devices such as smart speakers and virtual assistants.
- Gamebots: Gamebots are designed to provide entertainment to users. They can be used to create games and quizzes, and can even be used for educational purposes.
Benefits of Using Bots
Here are some additional benefits of using bots in your platform:
- Cost-Effective: Bots can help you save money on tasks that would normally require a human workforce. They can handle tasks such as customer service, sales, and marketing, leaving your employees to focus on more important tasks.
- Increased Efficiency: Bots can complete tasks quickly and efficiently, reducing the time it takes to complete a task. This can help you improve your overall efficiency and productivity.
By introducing bots to your platform, you can create a more interactive and engaging experience for your users. Whether you’re using bots for customer service, sales, or entertainment, they can help you improve your user experience, increase engagement, and boost your sales.
Organize channels for better communication
Efficient communication is the key to success in any team project. Channels are a great way to organize conversations and facilitate communication between team members. They allow you to separate conversations by topic or project, and to share files and collaborate in real-time. By organizing your channels effectively, you can improve communication and productivity within your team.
Here are some tips to help you organize your channels:
Create channels based on topic or project
- Create channels for different projects or topics to keep conversations organized and focused.
- Use descriptive and specific names for your channels to make it easier to identify their purpose.
Set channel permissions
- Set channel permissions to control who can view and post messages in a channel.
- Grant access to channels only to relevant team members and restrict access to sensitive information.
Archive inactive channels
- Archive channels that are no longer in use to keep your list of channels tidy and focused.
- Archiving a channel does not delete it, but it removes it from the active channels list and preserves the conversation history for future reference.
By following these simple tips, you can better organize your channels and improve communication within your team. Effective communication leads to better collaboration, increased productivity, and ultimately, project success.
Host events to keep your community engaged
Hosting events is a great way to bring your community together and keep them engaged. Not only do events provide an opportunity for members to connect with each other, but they also offer a chance to promote your brand and showcase your products or services. With the rise of virtual events, hosting an event has never been easier.
There are many different types of events you can host to keep your community engaged. Some popular options include webinars, virtual workshops, Q&A sessions, and social media challenges. By hosting a variety of events, you can cater to different interests and preferences within your community.
Webinars are a great way to educate your community about a specific topic related to your brand. You can invite industry experts to speak or present yourself to showcase your knowledge and experience. By providing valuable insights and information, you can establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and keep your community engaged.
If you want to provide more hands-on learning opportunities, consider hosting a virtual workshop. Workshops can be tailored to different skill levels and can cover a wide range of topics, from DIY projects to cooking classes. By hosting a workshop, you can not only provide value to your community but also showcase your products or services in action.
Social media challenges
Social media challenges are a fun and interactive way to engage your community. By creating a challenge related to your brand or industry, you can encourage your followers to participate and share their experiences on social media. This can help increase brand awareness and foster a sense of community among your followers.
Hosting events is a great way to keep your community engaged and build brand loyalty. By offering valuable experiences and opportunities, you can establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and create a strong community of supporters.
Collaborate with other servers to expand your reach
If you’re looking to grow your Discord server, one of the most effective ways to do so is by collaborating with other servers. By partnering with other communities, you can expand your reach and tap into new audiences. Here are some tips for collaborating with other servers:
First, identify servers that are complementary to yours. Look for communities that share similar interests or demographics. This will help ensure that your collaboration is mutually beneficial.
Join forces for events
- Host joint events or competitions to attract members from both servers.
- Create shared channels where members from both servers can interact.
- Promote each other’s servers in your respective communities.
Partner for content creation
If you run a Discord server that focuses on a particular topic, consider partnering with other servers that have expertise in related areas. For example, if you run a server for gamers, you could partner with a server that focuses on hardware or software development.
By partnering with other communities, you can create more diverse and engaging content that appeals to a wider range of members.
Collaborate on moderation and administration
- If you’re struggling to manage your server, consider partnering with another server to share moderation duties.
- Exchange tips and best practices for managing and growing your communities.
- Create joint rules and policies that help ensure a positive experience for all members.
Collaborating with other servers can be a great way to expand your reach and build stronger connections within the Discord community. By working together, you can create more engaging content, attract new members, and build a more vibrant community.
Empower moderators to keep the server running smoothly
Running a successful server can be a lot of work, but with the right team in place, it can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience. One key aspect of a successful server is having strong moderators who are empowered to keep things running smoothly. Empowering your moderators means giving them the tools and resources they need to handle situations and keep the server on track.
Here are some ways you can empower your moderators:
Provide training and resources
- Training: Offer training sessions or resources to help moderators learn about the server’s rules and guidelines, as well as best practices for moderating and handling difficult situations.
- Resources: Provide your moderators with resources such as a list of commonly used commands, information on how to handle different types of situations, and templates for frequently used messages or announcements.
Foster a supportive community
Collaboration: Encourage moderators to work together and collaborate on tasks and projects. This can help build a strong team dynamic and make it easier for moderators to handle difficult situations.
Community building: Encourage moderators to engage with the community in positive ways, such as hosting events and promoting positive behavior. This can help create a supportive and welcoming community where everyone feels valued.
Recognize and appreciate their efforts
- Recognition: Take time to recognize and appreciate your moderators’ efforts. This can be as simple as a shoutout in a server announcement or a special role for your moderators.
- Rewards: Consider offering rewards for your moderators, such as access to special channels or tools, or even real-life incentives like gift cards or swag.
Empowering your moderators is crucial for keeping your server running smoothly and fostering a positive community. By providing training and resources, fostering a supportive community, and recognizing your moderators’ efforts, you can create a strong and effective team of moderators that will help your server thrive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to get more users on my Discord server?
To get more users on your Discord server, try promoting your server on social media platforms or Discord server listing websites. You can also collaborate with other servers to expand your reach and attract more members to your server.
Q: How to make my Discord server more engaging?
To make your Discord server more engaging, try hosting events and giveaways for your members. You can also empower moderators to keep the server running smoothly and maintain a friendly and welcoming community.
Q: How to organize channels on my Discord server?
To organize channels on your Discord server, create categories and groups based on different topics or themes. You can also use channel permissions to control who can access certain channels or features.
Q: How to customize my Discord server?
To customize your Discord server, you can add custom emotes and create a unique server icon and banner. You can also use Discord’s built-in settings to customize roles, permissions, and server layout.
Q: How to manage toxic behavior on my Discord server?
To manage toxic behavior on your Discord server, establish clear rules and guidelines for your members to follow. You can also empower moderators to enforce these rules and take appropriate action against disruptive or harmful behavior.
Q: How to keep my Discord server active and lively?
To keep your Discord server active and lively, try encouraging member participation and creating a sense of community. You can also use bots and integrations to add fun and interactive features to your server.