Do you want to revamp your Discord server and make it stand out from the crowd? Well, you’re in luck! Adding a Discord template is an easy and effective way to customize your server’s appearance and features. Whether you’re looking to create a gaming community or a server for your business, adding a template can help streamline the process and make it more visually appealing.
But first, let’s go over the basics. A Discord template is a pre-made server layout that includes channels, roles, and permissions. You can browse and select templates based on different categories such as gaming, education, or social. Once you’ve found a template you like, you can customize it to fit your server’s specific needs.
So, how do you add a template to your Discord server? It’s as easy as a few clicks. In this guide, we’ll go over the steps to browse, select, and add a template to your server. We’ll also cover the benefits of using templates and how to customize your server to make it truly unique.
Keep reading to learn how to take your Discord server to the next level with these easy steps to add a template!
What are Discord Templates?
Discord Templates are pre-built setups for a Discord server that can be easily added to any new or existing server with just a few clicks. These templates can range from simple server setups to more complex ones, depending on the needs of the server.
Discord Templates can save a lot of time for server owners who want to create a new server or revamp an existing one. They allow for a quick and easy way to set up channels, roles, and permissions without having to start from scratch.
Benefits of Using Discord Templates
- Save time: Templates save time and effort in setting up new or existing servers, especially if you don’t know where to start or don’t have much experience with Discord servers.
- Easy to use: Templates are user-friendly and can be added to any server with just a few clicks, making the process of setting up a server hassle-free.
- Customizable: Templates are customizable to suit your needs. You can tweak them to add or remove channels, roles, and permissions as per your requirements.
Types of Discord Templates
Discord Templates come in various types, each with its unique purpose and setup.
- Community Templates: These templates are ideal for community-based servers and include channels for general discussions, announcements, and events.
- Gaming Templates: These templates are designed for gaming servers and include channels for specific games, voice chats, and game updates.
- Education Templates: These templates cater to educational servers and include channels for specific subjects, assignments, and discussions.
Using a Discord Template can take your server to the next level and make it more organized and user-friendly. With so many different templates available, you can find the perfect one for your server’s needs.
Keep reading to learn how to add a Discord Template to your server and take advantage of all the benefits it has to offer!
Why Should You Use a Discord Template?
If you’re a Discord server owner or administrator, you know how important it is to create a welcoming environment for your community. With so many settings to tweak, channels to create, and permissions to set, it can be overwhelming to get started. That’s where Discord templates come in – pre-made server configurations that you can apply to your own server with just a few clicks.
But why should you use a Discord template instead of setting up your server from scratch? Here are a few reasons:
Save Time and Effort
- Creating a server from scratch can take hours or even days, especially if you want to include custom roles, channels, and permissions. With a Discord template, you can get a fully functional server up and running in just a few minutes.
- Templates are created by experienced Discord users who have spent time fine-tuning their server configurations. By using a template, you can benefit from their knowledge and expertise without having to do the research yourself.
- If you have multiple Discord servers for different purposes or communities, it can be difficult to keep them consistent in terms of rules, channels, and roles. By using a template, you can ensure that all of your servers have a consistent look and feel, which can make it easier for your members to navigate.
- Templates can also be useful if you need to re-create a server after a botched setup or a major change. Instead of starting from scratch, you can use a template to quickly restore your server to its previous state.
Discover New Ideas
- Discord templates are created by a variety of users, from gaming communities to book clubs to study groups. By browsing through the available templates, you can discover new ideas for channels, roles, and other server features that you may not have thought of on your own.
- Even if you don’t use a template directly, you can still learn from them by examining their settings and configurations. This can help you improve your own server and make it more welcoming for your community.
Overall, using a Discord template can save you time and effort, ensure consistency across your servers, and help you discover new ideas for your community. So why not give it a try?
How to Browse and Select a Template?
If you’re new to Discord Templates, the process of browsing and selecting a template might seem a bit overwhelming at first. However, with a few simple steps, you can quickly find the perfect template for your server.
First, navigate to the “Server Templates” tab on the left-hand side of your Discord server interface. From there, you can browse through various categories of templates, such as “Gaming,” “Education,” and “Community.” You can also search for specific keywords to find templates that match your needs.
Step 1: Browse and Filter
- Click on the “Server Templates” tab on the left-hand side of your Discord server interface.
- Browse through the different categories of templates, or search for specific keywords.
- Filter your search by selecting the appropriate tags, such as “Mature Content,” “Language,” or “Server Size.”
Step 2: Preview the Template
Once you’ve found a template that interests you, click on its thumbnail to view its details. Here, you’ll find information about the template’s creator, its date of creation, and its tags. You’ll also see a preview of the template, showing how it looks and how it’s organized.
Step 3: Use the Template
- Click the “Use Template” button to create a new server based on the selected template.
- Customize the template as desired, adjusting its channels, roles, permissions, and settings to match your needs.
- Once you’re satisfied with the template, invite your friends or community members to join your new server!
Browsing and selecting a Discord Template is easy and fun, and it can save you time and effort when creating a new server. By following these simple steps, you can find the perfect template for your needs and start building your community today!
How to Add a Template to Your Discord Server?
Adding a template to your Discord server is a straightforward process. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Find a Template You Like
To add a template to your Discord server, you need to find one that suits your needs. You can browse the templates available in the Discord template library or find one online. Look for a template that has the features you want and the design that fits your server’s theme. Make sure the template is compatible with your server type.
Step 2: Click on the Template Invite Link
After you find a template that you like, click on the template’s invite link. This link will take you to the template’s preview page, where you can see the channels, roles, and permissions that come with the template. Make sure you are logged in to your Discord account.
Step 3: Select Your Server
Once you’re on the template’s preview page, select the server you want to add the template to from the dropdown menu. If you have multiple servers, make sure you select the right one. Make sure you have the “Manage Server” permission on the server you’re adding the template to.
- Pro Tip: If you want to create a new server with the template, select “Create a new server.” This will create a new server with the template’s settings.
Step 4: Review the Template
Before you add the template to your server, make sure to review the channels, roles, and permissions that come with the template. If the template has any custom emojis, make sure you have enough slots available to upload them. Make any changes or modifications you need before adding the template to your server.
- Pro Tip: If you want to make changes to the template after adding it to your server, make sure to save a copy of the original template settings in case you need to revert to them later.
Step 5: Add the Template to Your Server
After you’ve reviewed the template and made any necessary changes, click on the “Authorize” button to add the template to your server. The template’s settings will be applied to your server, and you’ll see the new channels, roles, and permissions appear. Make sure you have the necessary permissions to add the template to your server.
Adding a template to your Discord server can save you a lot of time and effort. With just a few clicks, you can add channels, roles, and permissions to your server that fit your needs. Just make sure you find a template that’s compatible with your server type, and review the template settings before adding it to your server.
Customize Your Server with the Added Template!
Now that you have added a template to your Discord server, it’s time to customize it to make it truly your own. The added template gives you a head start by providing a base design that you can build on and customize to suit your needs.
Here are some tips to help you customize your server:
Customize Server Settings
- Click on the server name to access server settings
- Customize settings such as server icon, server region, and roles
- Update server name and description to reflect the purpose of your server
- Click on the ‘+’ icon next to the server name to add a new channel
- Choose the type of channel you want to create, such as text or voice
- Customize the name, topic, and permissions for the new channel
Add Bots and Integrations
- Visit the Discord App Store to browse and add bots and integrations to your server
- Choose from a variety of bots to help moderate your server or add fun features like trivia games
- Integrate with other apps like Spotify or Twitch to share what you’re listening to or streaming
Customizing your Discord server with the added template is easy and fun. Take the time to make it your own and create a unique experience for your community.
Benefits of Using Discord Templates
Discord templates are a valuable tool for anyone looking to create a customized and professional-looking server quickly. Here are just a few of the benefits of using Discord templates:
Save Time and Effort
- By using a pre-made template, you can avoid spending hours customizing your server from scratch. This saves you time and effort, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your community.
- Templates also help you avoid the frustration of trial and error. You can choose a template that already fits your needs and preferences, reducing the chances of mistakes and the need for constant tweaking.
Consistency and Cohesion
- Templates help maintain consistency and cohesion throughout your server. This is especially important for servers with multiple channels, roles, and features. With a template, everything can be designed to work together seamlessly and match the overall aesthetic and branding of your server.
- Templates can also help you establish a sense of community identity by creating a unique and recognizable look and feel for your server.
Inspiration and Exploration
- Discord templates can serve as a source of inspiration and exploration. They can provide ideas for new features and designs that you may not have thought of before, helping you keep your server fresh and engaging for your members.
- Templates can also help you learn more about Discord’s features and settings. By examining how templates are designed and structured, you can gain a better understanding of how to use these features to your advantage.
Once you have customized your Discord server, it’s time to share it with others. Sharing your server is an excellent way to grow your community and connect with new people who share your interests.
There are several ways to share your Discord server with others. One way is to post an invitation link on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter. Another way is to share your server link on gaming forums or other online communities related to your server’s topic.
- Send an invite link directly to your friends through Discord’s messaging feature.
- Share the server link on your personal social media accounts or through private messages.
Promote Your Server on Social Media
If you want to promote your server to a broader audience, social media is a great place to start. Share your server link on Facebook, Twitter, or other platforms where your target audience is active. You can also create a social media page for your server and post updates and events to attract more members.
Remember to engage with your followers and respond to their messages to build a community around your server. You can also use hashtags and join relevant online communities to reach new members.
Join Discord Server Directories
- Join popular Discord server directories, such as Disboard, Discord.me, or Discord Server List, to promote your server to a broader audience.
- Make sure to fill out your server’s description and add tags to help potential members find your server based on their interests.
Sharing your customized Discord server with others can be a fun and rewarding experience. By using these strategies, you can grow your community and connect with like-minded individuals who share your passions and interests. So don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and share your server with the world!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add a Discord template to my server?
To add a Discord template to your server, click on the server you want to add the template to, then click on the down arrow next to the server name, and select “Server Settings”. Next, click on the “Templates” tab and select “Create Template”. From there, customize the template to your liking, and then click “Create Template”. Finally, share the template code with others to invite them to your server.
Can I customize a Discord template?
Yes, you can customize a Discord template to your liking. When creating a template, you have the ability to customize the server name, channels, categories, roles, and permissions. However, keep in mind that the original template creator’s content will be replaced with your own customizations.
Can I create my own Discord template?
Yes, you can create your own Discord template. To do so, create a server and customize it to your liking. Once you are satisfied with your server’s setup, click on the down arrow next to the server name and select “Server Settings”. Then, click on the “Templates” tab and select “Create Template”. Fill in the required fields and click “Create Template” to share it with others.
Can I use a Discord template multiple times?
Yes, you can use a Discord template multiple times. When you create a template, you will receive a code that you can share with others. Each time someone uses that code to join your server, it will add another copy of the template to your server. However, keep in mind that if you make changes to the template, those changes will affect all copies of the template.
Can I delete a Discord template?
Yes, you can delete a Discord template. To do so, go to the “Server Settings” menu and click on the “Templates” tab. Find the template you want to delete and click the three dots next to it. Then, select “Delete Template”. Keep in mind that deleting a template will remove all copies of that template from your server.
Yes, you can share a Discord template with others by sharing the template code with them. To do so, go to the “Server Settings” menu and click on the “Templates” tab. Find the template you want to share and click the three dots next to it. Then, select “Copy Template Code”. You can then share this code with others to invite them to your server.